What is SEO?
SEO significa Search Engine Optimization, u optimización de los motores de búsqueda, como puede ser por ejemplo Google. Es ante todo un proceso orgánico, lo que quiere decir que no es pago. Esta es la diferencia fundamental. Se trata de la mejora de la visibilidad de nuestra web en los resultados de búsqueda de los buscadores, de forma tal que estén posicionados de la mejor forma posible.
SEO means Search Engine Optimization, using the optimization of search engines, such as Google or Bing for example, improving the visibility of our website in the search results of search engines, so that our page is positioned in the best possible way. It is an organic process, which means that there is no payment involved in the process. This is the fundamental difference with SEM.
In order to have an adequate SEO strategy, we have to take into account many variables. For example, we have to consider the algorithm used by the search engines, the keywords, the design, the -fundamental- content, links, indexing, and more.
What is SEM?
SEM means Search Engine Marketing, and here lies the fundamental difference. We improve the positioning of our pages through the payment of advertising. In some places, SEM can be taken as a broad concept that also includes SEO, and generally those in charge of optimizing deal with these two issues. But it is important to distinguish between both.
Types of SEO
There 2 types: SEO on-site y SEO off-site.
SEO on site
SEO on site is based on the particular functions of SEO within the website. This type of SEO works with the relevance and optimization of the content. Some elements to consider are: keywords, loading time, user experience, code optimization, url format, meta tags, “alt attribute” in the images, internal links and web structure.
SEO off site
Seo Off site works to optimize the content outside the website. For instance: links on other pages (link building), social networks, the CTR (number of clicks on a link), mentions in the media or comments on other blogs.
How can XGINT help you or your company with SEO/SEM
We can help you along all the way in the process of defining your SEO/SEM Strategy, including SEO Audit to learn how your website is currently behaving.
Whether you are new to SEO/SEM or already have experience, we can help you!
We can undertake different tasks to implement a SEO Strategy that woks for you:
- SEO metrics to measure seo performance.
- How to SEO optimize your homepage.
- How to verify your website in the google search console.
- How to improve website performance & speed.
- How to take the google mobile friendly test.
- How to do keyword research: steps & strategy.
- How to narrow down your keyword list using Google Keyword Planner.
- How to assess keyword competition & choose target keywords.
- How to write title tags that search engines score the most.
- How to increase clickthrough rate with meta descriptions.
- How to appear in the Google Image Search results.
- Copy optimization: headings tags, outgoing & internal links etc.
- The types of backlinks that really matter and how to get them.
- How to maximize links for your SEO campaigns.
- How to create content that generates links & social shares on Autopilot.
- How to leverage authority websites and top of the search results.
- Local SEO: How to rank your local business in Google.
The SEM strategy relies in the above described SEO strategy (mostly for keywords related tasks) but adds the following: A paid SEM strategy includes both the activities involved with setting up and optimizing ads as well as setting a budget that pays for the placement of ads. This strategy is often referred to as paid search or pay-per-click (PPC) marketing. The brand is charged each time a user clicks on the ad.
Just for using SEM does not affect to SEO ranking per se because Google uses different crawlers to evaluate pages for PPC versus SEO, but since SEM helps your website to get more traffic it’s more likely that people will share your content and hence affect your SEO ranking for better.
Whatever you needs are, we can help. Contact us, without commitment, and we will make a personalized feasibility study.